Snow/Ice last night in DC. I went out to go to the airport and found this. Took out the cable/internet but that's it thankfully.
Loaded up and off to the airport. Almost there and find out my flight has been cancelled. Back home to do some chainsaw work.
Now, off to the airport again for another try.
Meanwhile, the TSA has backed off their plans to loosen restrictions for some items. My favorite description of this was 'The TSA has backed down from its moment of sanity'
The local coffee shop I frequent in Cleveland has switched out their old school cash register for a new offering from Square. It's an iPad based system. You sign for credit card purchases with your finger. Pretty neat. Good to see progress.
Office 2013 - Just installed it. First thing I noticed.
All caps tab titles. Not good, very ugly...and I don't really need MS Office to be yelling at me.
Here's the first trick for Office 2013:
Just go to the Customize Ribbon section of the Excel Options dialog box. Select a tab name and click Rename. Type your new name, using any mix of upper and lower case character. But… If the name is the same as the original tab name, it will revert to uppercase.
The trick: Just add a space character to the end of the name. Here's an example. The HOME tab has been renamed Home<space>.
The last time I removed tile from a floor I used a 3lb. drilling hammer and a cold chisel. It was, well, just a wee bit of work. This time I decided to cheat. I bought a rotary hammer after researching hammer drills and rotary hammers. With a chisel in it's maw that thing plowed through the tile and mortar bed.
Now, I was removing the underlayment and subfloor entirely so some demo crews would not have bothered removing the tile first. I wasn't sure how to cut up and pry up the floor with the tile on top. Plus, it would have been a lot heavier. So, we removed it.
There was an underfloor heating system. The wire from that acted like rebar and made removing the mortar bed a lot harder. But, overall, very happy with that part of the project.