The end product

I didn't take any photos of the process but I should have.  I had to tear the thing apart and spent hours chipping away at bad previous repairs before being able to put it all together again.  I've been using it for a few weeks and it's very handy.  I planed, sanded, scraped, varnished, oiled, waxed, added new hardware, and lined the drawers with cork.  Now, it works.

It probably would have been less work to build a new one.  But, this one has 'character'.


I continue to be impressed with Maui Jim, the sunglass company.  I stepped on a wire frame pair I have and bent them terribly.  I sent them off to Maui Jim.  $10 for shipping and handling, and they're as good as new.  This is the third or fourth time I have interacted with them and they continue to impress.